The Belize Zoo - "Widlife Sanctuary"
Venture to the Belize Zoo which boost to be the first of its kind, where all its wild life are in there natural habits; a place that brings guest to feel as if they’re the ones on display. First, drive thru the narrow streets of the city of Belize and then on to the western highway for 29 miles to the sacred grounds of the Belize zoo: Where powerful deities of the Mayas such as the jaguar, crocodile, snakes and macaws still reside among us today. A unique feature of this small zoo compared to others around the world is that the animals are all indigenous to the country. Founded by an American citizen in 1983, it is also a rehabilitation and educational research center for wildlife today. Take the opportunity of an up close experience with the protected animals of Belize.
Notes for Belize Zoo and Personal Encounter:
- Our Belize Zoo is located 40 minutes Away From Belize City
- Kid and wheel chair friendly
- Available to Cruise and overnight Guests
- For Cruise Guests: the tour departs at the Cruise Terminal instruction for meeting point is sent on final confirmation.
- Any Special requests needed just let us know and we will be happy to accommodate
- Tour departs from Belize City, Unless for a Private tour then we will be picking you up at your specified location
- Pick up location: Cruise Guest will be meet at the cruise port and will return to the cruise port with plenty of time before your last tender leaves
- Overnight Guests staying in Belize City, will be picked up at their Hotel, if you’re staying on the Cayes, the meeting point will be the Water taxi or the Municipal Air Strip in Belize City
- Contact us if the is pick up outside of Belize City area.