More about this tour
Come snorkeling with us in Belize’s clear turquoise waters in our Coral Garden and Shark Ray Alley Adventure; from beautiful to exotic, see over 250 different species of fishes, colorful hard and soft corals and other rarely seen aquatic animals living in their natural habitat.
This marvelous adventure departs in Belize City, from Belize City it will be a forty-five minute boat ride to the Island of Caye Caulker. Caye Caulker is the second largest commercial island in Belize; the island is five miles in length and Half mile in width. On arrival at the back of the island we will be stopping at the local docks to get some sardines to feed the sharks and rays, at this point everyone will disembark the boat to participate in hand feeding the Tarpon. These tarpon could grow over 300 pounds and the area where they are being hand feed is a protected area.
After the Tarpon feeding we will be boarding the boat once again, at this point we will be briefing on the safety and equipment usage. After this is done it will be a minute or two boat ride to the front of the island where we will be making our first snorkeling stop at the Shark and ray Alley.
At the Shark and Ray Alley you will have a firsthand opportunity to swim and snorkel with the Nurse Sharks and Southern Rays, the water at this location will be waist to chest height. If you don’t feel like swimming you could simply stand in the water and have the rays and sharks swim around your feet. The snorkeling will last for 45 minutes at this first stop. Next we travel a half minute away to the coral gardens.
As you glide and float in Mother Nature’s underwater garden, you can clearly see a whole new world among the corals of the second largest barrier reef in the world; with hundreds of different coral formations and fishes just a couple feet under you. At times while snorkeling, you could even catch a glimpse of a moray eels swimming by. The snorkeling at the coral gardens will last for another 45 minutes, after completing these two marvelous snorkeling stops we will then head back over to Caye Caulker. At this point you will have an hour and 20 minutes to Have lunch, relax, shop or just explore the island before heading back to Belize City.
If you want to take your adventure even further, our Hol Chan Marine Reserve is the best place to get an opportunity to have a up-close look at enormous groupers, Horse eye Jacks, eels, and even Huge Sea turtles, swimming eating and relaxing along the sea bed and corals.
Every moment is well spent enjoying the best of the Caribbean, with your love ones in the company of a certified Marine Guide, Captain and Crew
What to bring
- Swim suits and swimming (trousers); your personal snorkeling gear if so desire. Extra, clothing and towels, sun glasses, sun block, a cap or hat, underwater cameras and cash to shop.Notes for Belize Snorkeling Adventure:
- All Equipment is provided for the tour
- Snorkeling will be done at Coral Gardens & Shark and Ray Alley in Caye Caulker
- Fresh water showers are available at the restaurant
- We also do Private snorkeling trips to the Hol Chan Marine reserve. Contact us for more details
- Tour is fully guided; all our guides are certified marine snorkelers
- We carry a maximum of 16 guests in a group tour so space is limited, we recommend to book early
- Pick up location: Cruise Guest will be meet at the cruise port and will return to the cruise port with plenty of time before your last tender leaves
- Overnight Guest staying in Belize City, will be picked up at their Hotel.
- Contact us if the is pick up outside of Belize City area.* For overnight stay please contact us for other snorkeling options.
- Fresh fruits on Boat
- Park Fees
- Personal Guide
- Snorkeling Equipment