More about this tour
Xunantunich “Maiden of the Rock” a late classical city known for its continuity in development; whilst other great cities beginning to collapse such as Tikal, Caracol and Naranjo; this city was striving with a vibrant society. This city is host to one of the highest man made structure built in Belize, preserved by Mother Nature for over 1400 years. Hike up the mounds, into the walls of these great palaces and temples and learn about the importance of its people, ceremonies, rituals and practices performed to withstand the challenges of the collapse of surrounding cites. Above the tallest building over 42 meters from its base, the stucco frieze was left behind by this great civilization, is interpreted by notable archaeologist to tell us the significance of this city; strategically built on top of a hill. Enjoy the view that is not only sacred, panoramic but also a spiritual and divine connection with the Mayas. Come venture into this beautiful city with us.
Notes for Xunantunich Mayan Temples:
- Two hours West of Belize City
- The site is partially Wheel Chair friendly
- Very scenic river view on the hand cranked ferry
- Gift shops on site for shopping (wood and stone products)
- Available to Cruise and Overnight Guests
- For Cruise guests: the tour departs at the Cruise Terminal instruction for meeting point is sent on final confirmation.
- Any Special request needed let us know and we will be happy to accommodate
- Tour departs from Belize City, Unless for a Private tour then we will be picking you up at your specified location
- Belize City Tour
- Lunch (Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian)
- Park Fees
- Personal Guide