More about this tour
The Black Howler Monkey Sanctuary is located 35 miles northwest of Belize City and is a unique conservation effort bringing together 8 villages to protect the population and habitat of Belize’s Black Howler Monkey, affectionately called “baboons” by the locals. The sanctuary consists of approximately 20 square miles along the Belize River and embodies a combination of dense jungle, pasture, farmland, and small village life. The Howler monkey tour starts with a drive thru the old capital Belize City; Then unto to the northern highway to the “cut off” of Burrell Boom Village. Here you will then travel to the village of Bermudan Landing passing thru scenic eco systems. While travelling along the narrow Boom road you can spot the monkeys in the trees. Upon arriving at our final destination, we’ll get gear up to hike some trails where we will be viewing the monkeys in the trees in their own habitats.
What to bring
Wear light color clothing, good comfortable footwear such as tennis shoe or sandals, flip flops are not recommended. Bring along prescription glasses, cameras or video cameras, bug spray, cash to buy goods at site and medications if needed.
Notes for Howler Monkey Sanctuary:
- All the howler Monkeys are in the wild in their natural Habitat
- 40 minutes away from Belize City
- Kid and wheel chair friendly
- Available to Cruise and overnight Guests
- For Cruise guests: the tour departs at the Cruise Terminal instruction for meeting point is sent on final confirmation.
- Any Special requests needed let us know and we will be happy to accommodate
- Tour departs from Belize City, Unless for a Private tour then we will be picking you up at your specified location
Pick up location: Cruise Guest will be meet at the cruise port and will return to the cruise port with plenty of time before your last tender leaves
- Overnight Guest staying in Belize City, will be picked up at their Hotel, if you’re staying on the Cayes, the meeting point will be the Water taxi or the Municipal Air Strip in Belize City
- Contact us if the is pick up outside of Belize City area.
- Belize City Tour
- Countryside Tour
- Lunch (Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian)
- Park Fees
- Personal Guide