- Belize is a home away from home
- Natural living laboratory
- English speaking with diverse culture and history
- Only two hours from the US
- Perfect vacation solution
Language and PopulationEnglish is the official language of Belize. Creole is widely spoken among Belizeans while other languages spoken are Spanish, Garifuna, Maya and Mandarin. Belize’s population is approximately 311,000.
CurrencyThe local currency is the Belize dollar. US$1 is equivalent to BZ$2 and is accepted all over Belize. Most ATMs countrywide allow cash withdrawals via credit card.
ClimateBelize offers a subtropical to tropical climate as you move further south of the country. With an average temperature of 80°F, it has brisk prevailing winds from the Caribbean Sea.
Annual rainfall ranges from 50 inches in the north to 170 inches in the south. The seasons can best be classified as:
- the "dry" season between February and May and
- the "rainy" or "green season" which brings scattered showers between June and November