Baboon Sanctuary & Altun Ha
As we start on our journey today you will become acquainted with Belize’s history as we travel along the principal streets of this nation. Our tour will then lead us to the Northern section of our country as we head in the country side and view the older villages which were once Mahogany settlements.
Upon arrival at the Baboon Sanctuary, situated in one of these outback villages, our exciting tour begins as these monkeys greet us with a welcoming howl. We make our way along the paths to see our friendly and sociable monkeys, who are ready to pose for as you take their picture.
Your adventure continues as we then travel deeper north for forty five minutes towards one of the finest and majestic ruins known as Altun Ha “Water of the Rock”. This ruin was one of the great trading centers of the ancient Mayas. As you climb these prestigious ruins imagine yourself back in time. Inhale the strengths and feel the surviving instinct of these great Mayas, who fought to preserve their culture through, carvings on stones, a history of ceremonies, and a vast amount of ancient monuments we hold sacred today.
We awake from our Maya adventure as we’re once again boarding our vessels to depart to Belize City where we will do some shopping.
Notes for Altun Ha and Howler Sanctuary:
- One hour North of Belize City
- recommended for kids of all ages
- Gift shops on site for shopping (wood and stone products)
- Available to Cruise and overnight Guests
- For Cruise guest the tour departs at the Cruise Terminal instruction for meeting point is sent on final confirmation.
- Any Special request needed let us know and we will be happy to accommodate
- Tour departs from Belize City, Unless for a Private tour then we will be picking you up at your specified location
- Pick up location: Cruise Guest will be meet at the cruise port and will return to the cruise port with plenty of time before your last tender leaves
- Overnight Guest staying in Belize City, will be picked up at their Hotel, if you’re staying on the Cayes, the meeting point will be the Water taxi or the Municipal Air Strip in Belize City
- Contact us if the is pick up outside of Belize City area.