Tikal - "The Place of Voices"
Visit one of the great wonders of the world, designated by UNESCO in 1979 as a World Cultural & Heritage site. Tikal, better known as “The Place of Voices” still echoes its rich and powerful history as you hike thru the lost world of the Mayas. This city is one of the largest that the Mayas occupied and home to almost 100,000 in its time of glory; also survived over 1500 years up until the arrival of the Spaniards. A metropolitan state that is home to some of the finest architecture made by this lost civilization. A day is not enough for us to enjoy the rich history and walk the paths of the Mayas. The temple of the Grand Jaguar, Temple of the Masks and Temple of the Jaguar Priest are only a few of the many wonders this great city it has to offer in monumental structures. The rich flora and fauna, its masterpiece of art works and cultural food is only some of the great things one can enjoy when visiting Tikal.
Notes for Tikal Mayan Temple Adventure:
- 3.5 hours west of Belize City
- Departure fee for non-Belizean Citizens not included in the price
- Recommended for kids 3 years and up
- The site is NOT Wheel Chair friendly
- Available to Overnight Guests Only
- Any Special requests needed let us know and we will be happy to accommodate
- This tour is a Private tour
- Tour departs from Belize City, or specified location